Friday, May 30, 2008

The Coolest of Cool Recipe


I got an email to send a recipe to someone, which I did, but I don't know if I did everything right from there. So I decided to post my recipe. This is a recipe for Mint Julep. Now that everything is warming up and turning green, this non alcoholic mint julep recipe will keep you cool from the inside out. Make this your signature cocktail when having friends over for bar-b-qs. It will be a hit!
Mint Julep:
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped mint leaves
2 cups crushed ice
1/2 cup prepared limeade
fresh mint sprigs for garnish
Cream
1) In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar and mint leaves. Stir and bring to a boil. Cook until sugar dissolves, then remove from heat and set aside to cool. After about an hour strain the mint leaves from the syrup.
2) Fill 2 cups or goblets with crushed ice. Pour 1/2 cup lemonade into each glass and top with a splash of the sugar syrup and cream. Garnish with a mint sprig and serve on a silver platter.

No comments: