Monday, September 14, 2009

Labor Day!



Last Monday, we went to the Iron County Fair. I have only missed a couple of years in my life of going to the fair on Labor Day. It was just as fun as ever this year. We went with my cousin Lizzie and her family. There was something for everyone and as usual, we spent way too much at the carnival going on rides. (I think we probably made the baby on the way sick riding on the ferris wheel.) Mckinley loved being on the rides but was a HOLY TERROR being in line for them. If we averaged out the two behaviors the scale would probably sink a bit to the naughty side. After wandering around the fair, and even making a stop a the car show and seeing the exhibits, we ate at Hamburger Patties. It was a really fun day, ended on a good note with the last outdoor family barbecue of summer. Kinda sad that summer is pretty much over, but here comes fall with all of it's fun things to do and experience too.

Daddy had to go on Raiders with Mckinley. She really liked it and went twice!

This is an example of being an adoring parent: I think David must have taken ten of the same pictures of Mckinley while she was on this motorcycle ride. Haha!


All of the rides are a rip off at the fair. Each ticket costs about a dollar and it was 12 tickets for all of us to ride the Ferris Wheel! Haha! Mckinley was getting her money's worth by ringing the bell on this boat ride. (By the way, all of these rides are strikingly similar. They all go around in a circle. The only difference is the apparatus you are riding on. hmmm...yes, I think rip off is a good word.)

We had a lot of fun. I even got a caramel apple! yumm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a caramel apple! Looks like real fun. And I really can not imagine Mckinley being bad in line. She is such an angel. All the time....

Nikki said...

McKinley is so cute, I can't believe how big she's getting!

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog =)

Wood Family said...

Lines are the best aren't they! LOL