Thursday, February 11, 2010

Five Years!




Today I have been married to my Sweetie for 5 years! I used to think that 5 years was such a long time, but in so many ways it seems like these past 5 years have been such a whirlwind. Our lives have changed so much from when we first met, and I love that we have really grown and changed together. We really need each other now and I think that's a good thing. I can't imagine what my life would be without him.
For our anniversary, we wanted to do a fun little weekend family trip, so tomorrow we are going to Vegas.(Not to the UFC fight by the way!)We will post some pictures when we get back.
Today we wanted to celebrate by just being together. David tried to convince me to go to a movie with him but I wanted to be an antisocial hermit and stay in, so we made dinner and hung out until David had to go to work.
This is the Gateau de Crepes or Crepe cake we made for dinner tonight. It was our wedding cake for our anniversary. Haha. We even cut the cake together. Just like on our wedding day. I thought it was a good fit especially because we had Crepes for our wedding dinner dessert. Mmmm. I was so excited about that but when it came down to it, I don't remember eating any of the food at our wedding dinner.

I also found my bouquet! It was a little bit dusty, cough cough. Okay it was a lot dusty. But I wanted to take some pictures with it. I made my own bouquet the night before I got married. The roses were all closed the night before, and it was so fun to put the stems into some warm water and see the roses open up. I hope that I always remember the anticipation and butterflies that I had about getting married. Thank you David, for living up to all of my dreams and expectations! The past 5 years have been so happy!


1 comment:

Wood Family said...

Congratulations on your milestone :) We hope you have a fantastic time in Vegas!