Monday, January 31, 2011

Another January craft!



I have been keeping busy staying in this month. When it's cold outside, there's nothing better than enjoying being snowed in. We had a deep freeze a few days ago, and man, was it freezing cold. So, the girls and I stayed inside (while David braved the arctic to go to school) and I made this warm hand muff. I got this cute new coat for Christmas and have been trying to think of some ways to accessorize it. I have been loving the beautiful scarves I've been seeing, but I didn't want to cover up the cute ruffle already up the middle of the coat.
I had seen a pattern tutorial for this muff on Grosgrain, but when I tried to print it, I couldn't get it to work. I really wanted to make it and so I made it without a pattern and surprisingly, it turned out quite cute I think. I'm trying to create a wardrobe item each month.(Especially because being pregnant, I don't feel like anything fits right or looks cute.) Next up, a valentine dress!

No comments: