Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful

I think that Turkey, mashed potatoes, butterscotch pie, Cranberry fluff salad, 1 sweet potato(they're growing on me a little each year that I force one down.) rolls, and being with all the people that make me me is the perfect petri dish for creating Thankfullness for me every year.
This year was no different, so here is the list:

My Fantastic Family
The Gospel
sweaters
Memories of my Grandma as this was the first Thanksgiving without her. I wore a ring of hers to keep her in my thoughts for the day.
Great friends
My Sister!
Butterscotch pie that I didn't make:)
Dolce's little mischief smile
Rome's easy going happy go lucky personality
Mckinley's kind little heart- I think she doesn't have a mean bone in her body.
David's expertise at having fun.

The night before Thanksgiving, I decided to try my hand at making a Butterscotch Pie because last year, I had gone to my Grandma's house and she showed me how she makes all of her pies the day before Thanksgiving. David and I had such a blast making an absolute mess and probably coming uncomfortably close to burning the house down. I think the whole experience must have set David straight because He fears for his life in the kitchen now. And I will never forget his face when he said "Do you know what you're doing?" as milk was bubbling over for the second time and I was holding the pot high up in the air, creating burnt sugar milk rain. Haha! I'm Thankful for him!
Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: