Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Blogging just to blog?

I decided to actually write something rather than just putting pictures up. Hahaha! So I guess I could be a copycat and write about jobs I have had. That would be fun fun fun.
Currently, I am a paramedic with Iron county Ambulance, as well as a Fire Fighter for Cedar City Fire Department. Pretty fun. I actually love my job because I feel like it's a job where I get to help people who in some cases are desperate for help. I have a lot of training that I think is very valuable and that I use in my everyday life as well as for patients.
My next most recent job was working for Brighton Ski Resort. I loved this job because it really was like going to a party everyday for work. I got to know some really cool people, and was introduced to a totally different lifestyle than I had before known. It also had the best benefit of any job, anywhere: ride breaks. I had to quit because I was in danger of becoming a "life-ee" which is the term used to describe a person who works at a ski resort their entire life. It wouldn't be that bad would it? Yeah, Life in the real world sucks.
Before working at Brighton, I worked at TJ Maxx in Brickyard. This job was HELL. I hated my supervisors, which were gay men who thought they were threatened. Seriously. They ran that place like the Taliban. "yes, Osama. I would be happy to fold all 50,000 towels in the store in 45 minutes." I actually quit because they seemed to think that I was involved with a crime syndicate, that was stealing bed sheets. I am really not kidding. It was too weird, I couldn't take it anymore.
I think that's enough information from my painful past for one day:)

4 comments:

Jacci said...

hey abby its Jacci! I was excited to see that you have a blog! i think it is fun to keep up on people you dont get to see very often! It sounds like you are happy in ceder! you should check out my blog thehallidaysinslc.blogspot.com! talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Abb,
Just check out my favorite links on my blog. There are some great stores on the web that you could find fabric from. Mood Fabrics and Fabric.com are probably some of the best. Look at repro depot too.

Ali said...

Hi Abby!
Thanks for leaving me a comment :) It was great to catch up on your life since you left vv4 via your blog.

TJ Maxx sounded like it was a nightmare...for me, I spent too many years at Shivers. Ugh. Blah. Fast Food -

I liked reading your walk down memory lane!

Sheri said...

Very cool that you are a firefighter. My Uncle is a firefighter up in Clearfield, and he comes down to Cedar to set trailers on fire and show people how to put them out. Wonder if you've ever met him....Mark Weekes