Sunday, May 25, 2008

Our weekly family read-a-thon


Because of our crazy work schedules and busy lives, David and I have always had a hard time having family home evening on Monday nights. Inevitably, something earth shaking will happen that cuts into our Monday night family time.
So, a while back, we started to have FHE on Sunday nights. Since we can't really go too crazy, with it being Sunday, we started reading a few chapters of a childrens book each week. It doesn't take the whole night and we can do it anywhere.(even at my work, if we need to.) It has been really fun. David and I have especially loved it. We have been reading Ramona Quimby Age 8, which is such a funny book. Mckinley just looks at us and wonders what the heck we are laughing at most of the time. We have kind of wondered if she has been enjoying it too, when last night, while David and I were cleaning the house, I noticed that our bedroom door was closed, and that Mckinley was in our room talking. So I quietly opened the door, and this is what I saw.




She was very busy reading a story to her little friends. I thought it was so cute I grabbed the camera and snapped a picture.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That is the cutest! I love it when I find Marshall reading all by himself, or with friends.