Monday, May 12, 2008

yard sale junkie

Yes. I confess. I am a yard sale junkie. I should probably apologize to my sweet, cute husband for the fact that I woke him up at seven am on Saturday morning and made him get out of bed and come with me to a yard sale. (fyi the yard sale didn't actually start til nine, but I wanted to scout out the goods.) Mind you, this was no ordinary yard sale. I don't just go to any old yard sale folks. This was a yard sale from a bed and breakfast up the street from my parents house. ( The Stratford Bed and Breakfast.) The selection was really good and I had really great success. (power of positive attraction, right Melissa?) I made a haul. Let me preface this by saying that I spent 25 dollars...and I am psyched about it. I got a set of eight vintage napkins, 2 really cute skirts, a porcelain tea set for McKinley, a bench(for 5 bucks, my favorite deal of the day) and 2 wicker chairs. (That are going to go on the side of our house with our fire pit.)
David and my dad ganged up on me, about the whole thing. ( my dad says that there is a difference between stuff and S***, but they're men and I don't expect them to understand.) Anyway, here are some pictures of the STUFF.


I did good didn't I! My one regret was that I hesitated in buying this really cute old wheelbarrow that had been turned into a flower planter. Somebody else got it:(

1 comment:

Melissa and Allen said...

SO Cute! You are such a bargain shopper and you always find the cutest things. We need to go shopping together!