Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wishin' and Hopin'





Last night, we went on such a fun little date. We decided that we hadn't done anything really spontaneous for a while. So we loaded up Mckinley and Scooby,(who still smells a hint "skunk-like") and drove up the mountain. David has been working at a ranch up by Navajo Lake and he wanted to show me his "dream land."
On the way up we stopped at Cedar Breaks at the lookout. David had never been before and it's one of those things that everyone should see at least once. I didn't take any pictures while we were there. Pictures wouldn't do it justice. You are going to have to come and see it for yourself.
Then we jumped back in the car and rode up to Navajo Lake. Navajo Lake is ideal. It feels so private and if David and I could, we would buy property nearby because it really is Dreamland. We talk all the time about "someday" when we will have a little summer retreat there. We ate sandwiches next to the water and skipped some rocks. If anyone has any good Rainbow Trout recipes, let us know and we can cook some up!
Then we went to the ranch....All I could say the whole drive in was WOW! Gorgeous meadows, cows, rivers, natural springs,(which we drank out of, by the way!) sheep, green everywhere, an apple orchard, it was absolute heaven! The man who owns the ranch owns hundreds,
possibly thousands of acres of paradise. I just couldn't even imagine what that would be like.
David finished what he needed to and Mckinley and I followed around two Doeggies.(Baby sheep who have been abandoned by their mothers, so they are basically family pets.) It was so beautiful there, we didn't want to leave.
We had such a fun time wishing for someday. I think those kind of dates are some of the best ever. I can't wait for our next "someday date."Scooby wasn't quite sure what the camera was all about.
My beautiful daughter...

Mckinley making friends with the doeggies.

This was a natural spring coming off of the rocks! We stopped and took a nice cold drink, and got all wet.

2 comments:

Sister Michelle Summerhays said...

I love date nights - they are the best! We have a blog, too if you want to check it out. It's private, though, so I would need your email address so i can add you. My email is ellis.renee@gmail.com. Just send me your address and I can add you!

Nikki said...

What a fun date! Isn't nice to dream? We (I) have a lot of someday plans...