Monday, July 21, 2008

The problems of being a secret agent woman hacker

No, I'm not really a secret agent woman, but lately, I feel like I might as well be. The real problem that I am referring to today is called Excessive Password Overload. Anybody else suffer from this illness? I have usernames and passwords for:
My login at work
To use the computers at work(yeah, it's different than my login, and this one really sucks because I have to change it every 60 days)
My online wells fargo account information
My UHEAA account information(with like ten things you have to remember.)
My Fire Department login
My blog
My hotmail account
My facebook
My playlist
EMS online

Ok, so there's ten. And this doesn't include various pin numbers for debit cards etc, as well as my own phone number, which is hard enough to remember on any given day.
Basically, whenever I see the familiar words " Please select a username and password" I want to pull my hair out. I also feel like I have won the lottery if I can guess my username AND password on the first shot.
I guess there is one solution to this problem. I am going to have to write all of my passwords down and lock them up in a safe. How will I access the safe you may ask? That's easy, I'll just need ANOTHER username and password.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

So funny! I hate the UHEAA log in process almost as much as I hate paying them. I've heard of a website (with a password of course) that keeps track of all your passwords and usernames for you. I can't remember what it's called though. I just email all my passwords to myself and hope that no one hacks my email. Good luck!

Melissa and Allen said...

hahaha i'm so with you. you need to get your butts up here and see our adorable son!