Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The new arrival

Yay!!! Congratulations to me! David and I are the proud new parents of THIS! After 24 hours of 8/10 pain,(hands down the WORST pain I have ever had, including labor) I brought this little kidney stone into the world. Ouch!!!!!
On Friday morning, I was at the store and started feeling pain in my lower back on the right side, so I hurried home and walking through the door, was instantly sicker than a dog. Nausea and vomiting and seriously unbearable pain. I couldn't sit still, let alone lay down, but standing up made me throw up. It was awful.
I did not want to go to the Emergency Room because everyone knows me there because that's where I bring patients in on the ambulance. I don't know why I'm so weird about it but I sat there in pain for almost an hour before I remembered that there is an instacare in town. So I decided to go there. However, it was still another 45 minutes before they gave me anything for the pain. Torture friends, torture.
So, if any of you ever experience a kidney stone, (or have ever) you have my undivided sympathy because it's going to be a damn long day. And men, you get extra drugs on my ambulance because your anatomy makes them even worse than they are for women. Anyway, glad that's over. This picture is mostly for Erica, because she sent me a picture of her broken foot and wanted to see my kidney stone. (I know, gross, but this is for you babe.)

I kinda feel like I should name him, don't you?

4 comments:

Erica said...

Awww, Abs! I am so flattered you posted this for me! K so that stone looks like a b#$&@. Let's name it "Tyra Banks", I think it is appropriate because how I feel about Tyra Banks is probably how you felt when you were passing her ;)

Nikki said...

Eww and Owwwww!

Sister Michelle Summerhays said...

Ouch! I had a kidney stone once, too. They really suck - I was so grateful for morphine! I thought labor was way worse, though!

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!! You had a kidney stone! How come you didn't tell me? Oh my gosh. What caused that? Abby!!!! Amazing!