Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Last Lecture

I don't usually do any type of book reviews on my blog because I am usually behind the curve and everyone has already read the books I finally finish. But, I just wanted to sing some praise for the book The Last Lecture. If you haven't read it, it is fabulous and you should. The man who wrote the book, Randy Paush, was a terminal cancer patient who was also a professor at Carnegie Mellon (he just died about two weeks ago). After finding out that his chemotherapy treatments had failed and that he had just a few months to live, he decided to give a final lecture about the things that he felt were important. The book is a beautiful legacy for his kids, who are too young to understand the things that he wanted them to know before he died.
It's such a great book, well written and very entertaining. Read it and tell me what you think.

You can also watch the full Last Lecture on you tube or on Oprahs web site.

No comments: