Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hmmmm...what to be for Halloween?

What is it about Halloween that makes me feel like we have to "out do" last years costumes? Last year we procrastinated putting together our costumes so at the last minute we were running to the store buying bells for my tinker bell costume,(I wanted to jingle everywhere I went.) and getting white duct tape and tighty whities for Davids super hero costume.(Can you see that he is Syndrome?) Fortunately, my mom already had Mckinleys little witch costume, which was mine when I was younger.
I think almost every year, I have been either a witch or a gypsy because I have always had the stuff. Although, I vaguely remember being a ballerina,(brrrr!) and a Bride(8 years old is not too young to get married on October 31st.)
But this year, look how good I am being! I am actually putting some thought into Halloween before the day of, I even have my Halloween decor up already. This Halloween is going to be GOOD. The costumes are going to be frightfully terrifying, the sloppy joes are going to be...sloppy, heck, we might even spike the rootbeer.(but probably not.) So this is your warning, 22 days or so in advance. Beware, and prepare to be spooked. I'd turn back if I were you....

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Hahaha, I can't wait to see what you came up with-you're so creative! I'm all about preparing early, Marshall's Halloween costume arrived about a month ago but I wanted to be prepared if the baby came early.

Sister Michelle Summerhays said...

I'm excited to see what your costumes are! We always end up searching through closets and finding random items of clothing that could make a costume the day before Halloween. We live in my grandparents old house, so there is always something random and worthy of a costume - last year I was Sherlock Holmes, complete with magnifying glass, one of those funky hats and a trenchcoat. Good times! Maybe I should start thinking about this year now....I doubt any of my grandparents old things would fit Jackson....

Melissa and Allen said...

Dave's costume is sweet, i'm surprised he didn't stuff himself with a sock like in California. So it's to bad you wont be coming to our Halloween Party on Halloween. Well i'm assuming you wont be attending, considering you live in out of the country. (Lame)

ALlen

Jacci said...

are you guys coming to the party? it would be so fun to see you! I love halloween! hope to see you guys soon! I love your tinkerbell costume!!!

Preston and Kristin said...

All three costumes are totally rad, but Syndrome is so wonderfully clever. Good work!

Anonymous said...

You can't post a comment on blogs? What's the deal? I just saw your facebook.