Friday, April 24, 2009

Running away to join the circus!

Mckinley went to the circus this week. I have drill on Tuesday nights and so Mckinley usually goes to visit my parents. My dad has gleaned the reputation with Mckinley of always taking her to do something fun, such as going to the "park" which during the winter has been to play at Del Taco or McDonalds play place. (There is a funny story about this but it will have to wait for another day.)
This week the circus was in town, and so when Mckinley thought she was going to the park, with grandpa, she was in for a whole new experience. When I got back from drill, and asked her how the circus was, she yelled, " It was AMAZING!" She was very impressed with the elephants and some puppies that could do all sorts of tricks, like riding on a pony's back. There were also Pixie girls that she was pretty excited about, doing tricks on the trapeze. And what circus would be complete without four dollar snow cones and cotton candy. I think it's safe to say that my child no longer leads a sheltered life. She's been to the circus.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Jealous! I want to go to the circus! haha why do kids get to have all the fun. I mean, come on.. I always want to go to the Del Taco play place but Jared never lets me.

Sister Michelle Summerhays said...

I've only been to the circus once, and I don't really remember it because I was 3. Maybe I should go to the circus, too so my life can be unsheltered :-).

Meridy said...

Fun! LOL--she no longer lives a sheltered life. :)