Monday, May 18, 2009

Why do I always forget my camera?

We have had a fun few days this past week. On Saturday morning we went to St. George to go to Freis Farmers Market. We were in the market for apricots for canning, but they didn't have any just yet, so we settled for fresh Corn and beets. MMMM! Then we went to lunch at the downtown St. George Pizza factory. I have memories of my Grandma and Grandpa Jackson taking us there when we would go swimming at their condo. They sat us in a booth which used to remind me of a train for some reason. Around Pizza Factory is an old shopping village that we walked around in for a bit. Next time we want to try the open air soup and sandwich shop. We wanted to do something that Mckinley would think was fun, so next we went to the park on tabernacle street where they have these water fountain things around the park that little kids can play in. There is a little river with big boulders in it that kids can climb around on and play in the water, and then there is a geyser pad? like at the gateway mall. Mckinley preferred the stream but she did run through the geysers twice with her daddy. Red Robin was there, and when Mckinley saw him she ran up to him and gave him a hug. She was so excited that she started jumping up and down, which the robin did too. We thought it was so cute because she seemed so enchanted about it. It was an impromptu park visit for us so we didn't have Mckinleys swimming suit or a towel or anything, and I'm pretty sure that Mckinley was the only one there wearing a dress. When she was soaked to the bone, we put her in the car and went home.
Later, as we were doing yardwork, one of our neighbors came over and asked us to participate in a photo shoot for Deseret Book. Hahaha, we did it, but the funny part was that it was for a Christmas story. So we were dressed up in winter Christmassy clothes as it was like 90 degrees outside. We sang Christmas carols and were really feeling the Christmas spirit for about an hour.
The next day, Mckinley gave her first talk in primary about Jesus being baptized. She had practiced so hard on it and had colored a really pretty picture to display, and she was very worried that the primary leader was going to forget about her turn. When they said "now we will turn the time over to Mckinley for a talk", she yelled, "I'm right here!" We were so proud and I thought she would be shy about talking into the microphone but of course, what was I thinking, she is not shy.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Oh you guys are so cute :) I can just imagine Kinners and Red Robin running in slow motion toward eachother from across a field of flowers.. hahaha like some enchanted summertime day. Too funny. I remember hanging out at the condo in SG! That place was awesome! Remember doing facials and pedicures.. oh man wouldn't it be nice to have that kind of free time again?!

Sister Michelle Summerhays said...

I bet that was so fun watching her give her first talk! That's so sweet that she was looking so forward to it - I never look forward to my talks in church :). By the way, I feel like I always am forgetting to take pictures as well!