Saturday, May 30, 2009

Oregon!

Last weekend, David went to Ashland, Oregon to help his sister Stephanie move. Of course, we forgot to send the camera with him, but he said it was really beautiful up there. As David was telling me some things about the trip I thought the highlight for me was this: Apparently in Ashland there is a natural water fountain where the water has an unusually high amount of minerals in it. Stephanie took David in a non deviant way by the water fountain and pretending like she had never tasted the water before she took a drink and said, "wow, that's amazing, Dave, try this water." So of course David took a nice long drink, after which he tried to spit it all out. He said because of the high sulfer content of the water it tasted exactly like rotten eggs. I was laughing so hard when he told me about this because Steph has been wanting to do this to someone the whole time she has lived there. David is the best for jokes like this, and he doesn't hate you afterward so he's pretty fun.
On the drive back from Oregon in the moving truck, David and Steph got a flat tire just outside of Elko and had to wait a couple of hours for someone to come with a new tire. (apparently they don't include a spare with moving trucks because it is a liability for the client to put a tire on.)
David flew home on Memorial Day which I will talk about in my next post. With a few pictures by the way! Shocking, I know.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Hey Abby!!! It's been a long time since we've talked. Probably since we played that trio with Cheryl in church last year. Your mom mentioned you had a blog so I thought I would check it out and say hello. So, "Hello!" and I hope all is well. You're blog is so cute and I love all the fun stuff that McKinley gets herself into! Later cute stuff!!!