Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's a....



This pregnancy has been as different as night and day from what my pregnancy with Mckinley was like. With Mckinley I had pretty bad morning sickness and didn't really feel very good until halfway through the second trimester. With this one, I have had almost no sick days. There have been maybe a couple of days where I was feeling morning sickness to the point where I actually noticed it, but I never threw up or even felt like I was going to. The one hint that made the pregnancy noticeable to me was feeling tired a lot. This has been so Lucky for me because I have needed to work as much as I could because of Davids lay off.
Because I have felt so different this time around we were pretty positive that we must be having a boy. We were pretty surprized when the ultrasound technician told us that it was a 90% chance of being a girl! David had his hopes up for a boy and said he was going to the playhouse bar after he dropped me off after the appointment. Haha. I keep telling him that we are working our way up to 12 dancing princesses. I'm pretty relieved because we have everything that we need and don't have to buy all new stuff this time. And I'm really glad that Mckinley will have a little friend to play with. Mckinley is very adamant that she is having a baby brother. But she still refers to her as a "She." She doesn't quite understand why we have to wait so long to see her. She came to my check up today and said to my Dr. "I want to see my baby brother baby sister, please."
We are so excited! Our due date is November 15 which will make the holidays really fun with our new member of the family. We don't have a middle name picked out for sure yet but we are thinking about naming her Lucky. (Everyone has told us that this is a better name for a three legged dog but I love it.) I put this clip on because I love that you can see her heart beating.

5 comments:

Erica said...

YAY!!!! Exciting Abby! I love that you can see her(10% possibility his) heart beating. I like the idea of doing the 12 dancing princesses. LOL. YOu guys are great!

Sister Michelle Summerhays said...

How exciting! McKinley will be the best big sister. And I think November would be such a great time to have a baby!

Amber said...

Yeah!!! Exciting!!!

I'm going to be up in Cedar the week of July 13th - let me know if you're available some time. I'd love to see you!

Eric and Brandi said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited!!!! One more girl to join the bunch!!!! We love you guys and hope everything is going well. And give the wild one (McKinley) (I didnt want you to be confused) a big squeeze for me!!!

Meridy said...

Congrats! A little girl is always a good idea. :)