Monday, September 28, 2009

Mckinley's first primary program

Mckinley had her first primary program yesterday. She did pretty good although she forgot her part and was terribly naughty up on the stand. Her part was supposed to be "I am a spirit child of Heavenly Father." What she said was "Heavenly Father, Heavenly Father, Heavenly Father." Kind of close? Haha. It was pretty cute and we were very proud of her none the less. She also doesn't practice singing the songs when she is in primary, so as you can imagine she didn't know them, so she just pretended to sing by opening and closing her mouth a lot during the songs.
The really great part during the program was when she pushed a boy in her class that kept bumping her shoulder on accident. He almost fell all the way down and so I stood up and got her attention by pointing the ominous finger of "you're going to get it." And mouthed "don't do that." She saw that she was in trouble and in front of the whole ward, she STUCK HER TONGUE OUT AT ME! I was so shocked I didn't know what I should do next, whether to walk up there and spank her or sit down and come up with a less abusive plan. The second choice won out, but I'm still not sure which would have been better. I wonder when we will figure this parenting stuff out. We have another one of these things coming by the way. Is anyone else worried?

2 comments:

Kjersti said...

haha Mckinley possibly sounds like a little Kjersti. Did she get it from you or David? :) I think you guys are great parents.

Melissa and Allen said...

hahahahaha i love that girl. she is a crack up! kids are so hard! canyon is definitely at a hard stage right now. i don't even know what to do. where's my owner's manual?!?!?