Thursday, October 8, 2009

Conference Crepes




My Aunt Michelle makes Crepes every General Conference for breakfast for her family. We decided to try the tradition out this conference. Yummy!

This was really fun because we made two different types of crepes. One was berries and vanilla cream, (my favorite, I always whip my own cream) and the second was applesauce and sour cream with cinnamon and sugar. (it sounds a little weird with the sour cream, but don't knock it til you try it. It was really good.)

Crepes are French food, which I think is probably my favorite type.(maybe because I love butter.) I took french all through high school and my french teacher, Mr. Clark used to say that the best food in the world has to be appetizing to the eye before it's appealing to the lips. (He would say this in French, but I've only retained "Bonjour." ) So french food should always be beautiful. It's also a tradition in France to have Crepes for a New Years breakfast. And the chickens who provided the eggs for the recipe get the first crepe. This is because the first crepe cooked absorbs the butter and doesn't have the same crispness as the following crepes. So, although it wasn't New Years, we gave the chickens the first crepe. David's first attempts at beauty were not so pretty, but he tried again and I think he was very successful.


2 comments:

Erica said...

These crepes look heavenly!!!! Oh YUM! Want to come here for the next conference and make them for us??

Kjersti said...

yum yum I love crepes. It makes me miss home a little. Do you like pumpkin pie/cake? :)