Thursday, October 15, 2009

30 days to go and nesting

Yes, it's true! One month from today is our due date, and we are so excited for the day we will have another little lady at our house. (David's long slow death from Estrogen poisoning is intensifying. Haha.) I don't have any pictures for now because our regular computer is having trouble and I don't know how to post pictures from David's school laptop, which is what I'm using right now. (But just picture a really huge pregnant person with a very fat face and swollen hands and feet. If you put my face on this mental picture, that should be pretty close. Haha)
About a week ago, I noticed that the baby had dropped down into position, so we should be getting pretty close. Mckinley never dropped or "lightened" I guess is the medical term and so I was quite happy that this baby has. It has made it so much easier to breathe and move around. (although putting on my boots for work is still torture!) I don't remember if I wrote in my last post that I have started to dilate a bit too. This doesn't really mean much since I was dilated to a 4 for 3 weeks with Mckinley and still had to be induced, but it is nice to know that I can walk in to labor and delivery and ask for an epidural that much quicker. (you ladies who are brave enough to go natural are pretty amazing to me. I'm chickening out again.)
I never "nested" with Mckinley that I can remember, and I don't think I'm doing it now either. They say that this is supposed to be a natural tendency for pregnant women to clean and get everything really ready for the baby, but it is really not coming naturally for me. I am FORCING myself to deep clean my house right now, cursing myself the whole time for waiting until I can barely move to do it. We still don't have the crib set up. That should be happening sometime this weekend. I do have a ton of baby clothes from Mckinley, so the baby is going to be lookin good, but if she came right now, yikes. I've still got a lot to do.

No comments: