Monday, October 26, 2009

Haunted Dinner!

We had our haunted dinner again! This has been a fun tradition that we have done every year we have been married. We always make dinner in a Pumpkin and light spooky candles. We set the mood with some romantic sounds of horror halloween music. (this year was especially spooky because the CD has a skip in it. haha) In the past, I haven't had quite the same success with my Dinner in a Pumpkin, but this year turned out really good. (To get the best flavor, someone told me, the pumpkin "lid" should actually seal itself off again while cooking. I've never had this happen before today. It was fun to have it turn out.)

Usually I do a bit more decorating for halloween. but this year, I haven't had as much energy probably because I'm nine months pregnant right now. (and huge!) We still had a fun time though, even without all the spooky trimmings. Sometimes things don't have to be perfect to be perfect.
You can see the steam coming out of the pumpkin. This is what should seal the lid to the pumpkin while cooking. It has to fit tightly for it to happen.
I had just taken it out of the oven. See? No steam!




1 comment:

Wood Family said...

You guys are so festive! I love it!