Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hoppy Easter!!!!





We had such a fun Easter this past Sunday. It seemed like a very busy weekend because of 2 birthday parties, also Happy Birthday to my one and only sister Sunni! and General Conference. Both David and I were scheduled to work Friday and it was such a nice surprise when we both went to work and ended up getting off early enough to color eggs with Mckinley and my brother Johnny and hang out together for the rest of the evening. Saturday, Mckinley jumped up to go to one of her favorite cousins birthday parties. Happy Birthday Kenzie Lynn! (by the way, I think all of her cousins are her favorite cousins!) Right after Kenzie's birthday party, we got an urgent phone call saying that the Easter Bunny had made an early stop at Grandma and Grandpa Jacksons, so Mckinley rushed over to hunt for some fabulous surprises. The Easter Bunny had even brought some jars of baby food for Dolce to find. (my camera was not charged and so we didn't get any pictures of the egg hunt:( )

Easter morning we woke up to some very fun surprises. We thought it was so cute that when Mckinley saw her Easter dress she put it on right away so she could be pretty while hunting for her treats. I am fast becoming the kind of mother who can't contain how proud she is of her kids. Our fridge is always covered with all of the creations Mckinley makes at school, (we are running out of space.) I especially love some bunny rabbits Mckinley drew for Easter. They are her version of stick people but with big bunny ears on top. I am keeping them forever.

For my Easter surprise, I wanted this tea caddy that you can hang cups on and stack plates on. Thanks Grandma for my genetic (and psychotic) love of dishes. (It's a sickness.)

David was very surprised when he saw that he had gotten a new cookbook from the Easter Bunny! This must be because the Easter Bunny would like him to make dinner more often because he is such a wonderful cook! In this picture he is making the same face as the guy on the Wheaties box. By the way, try this cereal if you haven't. It is really good, and is supposed to give you energy with extra vitamin B.

Dolce was not so concerned about what the Easter Bunny brought for her, but she got a new dress with an Easter bonnet. (When I was a little girl, my sister and I always got a new Easter dress with gloves and a hat.)

I also made these little Easter candy jars for my girls this year.
At our house you can't have Easter without having chocolate dipped peeps rolled in green coconut grass. (I don't actually like peeps at all unless they are like this. haha, but I would eat rocks if they were rolled in chocolate.)
HAPPY EASTER!!!!

2 comments:

Sister Michelle Summerhays said...

It looks like you guys had a fun Easter! I don't like peeps either, but I would probably eat them if they were dipped in chocolate! Also, thanks for the comment on my blog - you made me feel much better about the group b thing!

Amber said...

Oh my goodness gracious. How do you have time to be such a stinking cute mom?! Can you do my kids easter next year?