Monday, July 26, 2010

G is for Green Show!





Cedar City hosts the Shakespearean Festival every summer and one of the fun things to go see is the Green Show. It's a free show that they do every day except Sunday where you sit on the grass and Minstrels entertain with music and stories and dancing. It is really a lot of fun. Another fun part is the treats they have there. My favorite treats from the Greenshow are tarts and Humbugs. Humbugs are little hard candies that taste like a mixture of peppermint and butter. They are so yummy. When I was 14, my sister and I worked at a restaurant that had a bakery in it and we made the tarts. I still have the very top secret recipe!
We went to the Green Show with my cousin Brandi and her daughter Kenzie Lynn. Have you ever seen such a pretty little girl? Mckinley started dancing and at first Kenzie wasn't so sure, but after a little coaxing from Mckinley, they wanted to dance to all of the music. Such beautiful girls!

No comments: