Monday, July 26, 2010

A is for Apricot Gleaning






We went to the Church Orchard and picked apricots last week. It was SO HOT. The orchard is in Hurricane and it must have been 110 degrees outside. We were all sweating and cooked by the time we were done but it was so much fun to get free apricots! Since then, I have been bottling as many as I can for baby food and for this amazing cake recipe that has penuche frosting! Today I made apricot leather. I'm going to do a post about it because it is really so easy and cheap to make. I never knew! And if you are like me, and don't have a fruit dryer, no worries! You can put it in your car for a day in the sun!

1 comment:

Sister Michelle Summerhays said...

Abby - I really would love your recipe for apricot leather! We got SO MANY apricots in bountiful baskets last week and I don't think we will eat them all before they go bad. I am thinking of pureeing and freezing some for baby food, but is it better to bottle them?