Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hello 2011




It's a bit late to be posting New Years resolutions, but it seems that this month has already caught me off guard! (And I think that 1/11/11 is a pretty good day to get things back in order, don't you?)
So, as we have done for a few years, we kept our tradition of having a New Years Resolution breakfast where we make a big stack of pancakes for everyone and plan our year. We also write down several fun things we would like to do as a family and draw out 4 of them.
As I have been browsing through and reading others resolutions, I've been very impressed with how motivated some of the people I look up to are.(If you notice that I've copied your resolution, please accept the compliment that I want to become a little more like you this year!)
Cheers to a new year with a whole world of "brand new!"

1)Pay off David's eye surgery.
2) Pay off Zion credit Card.
3) Go to the temple 4 times this year. (Our attendance was really down last year. NO good excuses.)
4)Finish the Book of Mormon.
5)Decorate 1 room each month without breaking the bank.
6) 1 sewing project/ craft project completed each month.
7) Exercise once a week. (This is an alteration from last year when I was going to exercise 3 times a week, which I did for the first week and then never again. Hahaha)
8) Healthier cooking by making better use of a really good weight watchers cookbook I have.
9) Fun Family event once a month. We started doing this last year and have had so much fun planning fun family outings.
10)Read one book per month. (Continue nightly reading with Mckinley, and Dolce when she's ready.)
11) Daily face washing. (Working night shifts is sometimes really hard on my skin. I need to be better about it.)


2011 Fun Things!
1)Sledding followed by hot cocoa and warm soup.
2)Go to the New Aquatic Center for a day.
3) Picnic at Sand Hollow.
4) Make an outdoor Pizza Oven and have a Pizza Party.

Lots to do! I love new beginnings!

1 comment:

Melissa and Allen said...

awesome resolutions! i'll just use your list for me too:)