Friday, May 6, 2011

Amelia Bedelia would be so proud!



Some of my favorite books from around the 2nd grade era were the books about Amelia Bedelia. Everything she did was so ridiculous and funny, and amazingly, no matter how much of a mess she got herself into, everything magically worked out for her. She was also a wonderful cook, and could always patch things up with just about anyone or anything with her culinary treats.
Almost every year around Easter, I have memories of going on a picnic. It's always fun to pick a fun location and pack the food. My Mother has always tried to bring something homemade for the picnic and this reminds me of Amelia Bedelia because in one of her books, she pulls a lemon meringue pie out of a picnic basket while camping. Haha!
This year, Mckinley was so excited for us to go on a picnic, but the weather has been so cold that I thought the right day would never come. It caught us off guard when it did. I made some tuna fish sandwiches, we mixed up kool aid, and brought some cookies and chips to the park. We ate on a blanket and enjoyed the day and the sunshine.
I made these folding picnic placemats for Easter, and really like how they turned out. You can pack all your utensils and a plate and roll it up into a cute little bundle. There is even a little slot for a napkin and a straw. Amelia Bedelia, these are for you.

No comments: