Sunday, October 2, 2011

In the Fall you have to eat soup!

This is kind of funny. In the picture above, I made a soup called Broccoli velvet soup. However, after making it and taking the picture, I decided that a better fall-ish soup might be another favorite of ours called Zuchinni Bisque soup. I know, if you aren't a big squash fan, this might sound pretty sick. But to let you in on a little secret: I'm not a big squash fan myself. But I love this soup. And ....I especially love it when my Husband makes it so I don't have to. So here it is. Make your Husband cook some up tonight!

Zuchinni Bisque Soup

2 cups of diced onions
2 Tbs Butter
3 and 3/4 cups Squash (Zuchinni or you could try another squash if you'd like.) diced.
3 cups Chicken Broth
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup cream (Why do all of my recipes have cream?)
Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese (or cheddar if you prefer)

Cook onion in butter until soft. Add Zuchinni and cook for a few minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer together for 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Add seasonings to mixture. Using a blender, Puree the mixture and return to the pan. Add cream and heat through. Serve with grated cheese on top.

No comments: