Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Elf on the Shelf

We have started doing Elf on the Shelf this year. I had never heard of it before this year, and I love all the little ideas I have read about what the mischievous family elf does in other families. Our elf's name is Jingles and he has been very busy checking the list twice at our house. We decided to do an advent count down with our Elf on the Shelf beginning on December 1st. Here's what he's been up to so far:

24 Days left until Christmas: (Inside was a note that said) Hi Holmgren Children! Your dad was having so much fun putting the Christmas lights on the Christmas tree last night (yeah right) that I decided to go pick out a tree for myself. I stole this one from the village, just like the Grinch! Heeheehee! Keep being good! I'm watching! Love, Jingles!

23 days left of being good!
Hi Kids! I think Polly Pocket and I are just about ready for the big day! We put up the Christmas tree last night, and with all this snow, we're planning to stay inside and drink Hot Chocolate for the weekend. Here's some hot cocoa for you too! I'll be watching!
Love,
Jingles


22 days to go!
Help!!! I got tired of waiting for you to decorate your tree, so I decided to toilet paper it. Now I'm stuck! Be nice, not naughty! I can still see you!
Love,
Jingles

21 Days away!
Ahhhh... after a long flight back from the North Pole, there's nothing like a nice, hot, bubble bath to relax in. Remember, be your best!
Love,
Jingles

20 More Days!
Hello Big Elves! All the lights were out last night and I needed a place to read...Good thing you made this cozy Christmas Village. I even finished my book...And I don't even know how to read! haha! Keep being good!
Love,
Jingles

19 LONG days!
Brrr!!! The North Pole was chilly tonight! To warm up I thought I'd do a little ice skating. But the ice cracked and I fell right through! Be sure to mind your parents or you'll be skating on thin ice too! So far, so good though!
Love,
Jingles

That's all for now but I'm quite sure there will be more mischief on the way so stay tuned!


No comments: