Saturday, December 31, 2011

We Wish you a Merry Christmas!













Christmas comes but once a year! We had so much fun getting ready for the big day and celebrating it as much as we could this year. Kinley was out of school for a whole week before and I think the excitement of what was coming just about turned her into a basket case! Dolce got excited this year too and it was so much fun to see the way she interacted with her sister and did everything her sister did to get ready. She knew something was coming but she wasn't quite sure what.
For one of my work parties, we sponsored a Sub for Santa for a family and took the gifts to them at the end of the party. Kinley got to help give the gifts and she was so excited to give them to the little girl, which made me so happy.
Santa's workshop was very busy right up to Christmas Eve. We made a few of the gifts for the kids this year and there was so much to do! We made a play kitchen from a little desk, and I went and bought a bunch of play cookware at the thrift store. We also had a small bookshelf that David converted into a dollhouse. Dolce and Kinley and I are going to be painting it and decorating the rooms, beginning with a little rock fireplace. Perfect for the new Barbie wedding family set to move in to. I also made Baby Rome some Bow ties for Christmas including one that goes with his Christmas Sunday outfit. I don't have a picture of our family in our Christmas Sunday clothes yet, because Rome had a major blow out during church all over his white shirt. I was playing my violin for the Christmas program and was quite puzzled when I looked over and saw him wearing just his sweater vest, bowtie and diaper toward the end of the program. The revised outfit wouldn't do for a Christmas picture, so it will have to wait for New Years Sunday. Rome will be wearing a larger size of diaper than his big sister.
Christmas felt very different without my Grandma. I guess you have to notice how empty things feel when someone so special is gone. Merry Christmas Anyway!

And look who's sitting up!

2 comments:

brooke and chad coon said...

I love the cute things you made!! You are so crafty! Want to make my kids a dollhouse next? ;)

brooke and chad coon said...

I love the cute things you made!! You are so crafty! Want to make my kids a dollhouse next? ;)