Monday, September 8, 2008

Summer memories that are still keeping us warm

Yeah, we're sad about it, but not too sad. David and I LOVE winter! But we figure that we better at least blog about what we will miss about this summer.
Several times a week, we have gone on walks. We are always the only ones out at ten thirty at night but that's when we like to unwind and our walk is the perfect medium for us to talk quietly about our day, or weekend plans or just whatever.
I'm also going to miss Orion. But it wont be the first time I've missed it.
How about I tell the story love! I'll let you in on this inside joke of ours. Orion is my favorite constellation, maybe it's because it's a winter constellation. Anyway, while Abby and I were dating I would always say, "There he is" because I always like to point him out. So the first time I show it to her it was a bit of a challenge, but she finally said "Oh okay, I can see it now". Total and complete bull....!! I have no idea why she pretended that she could see it. Well after we were married for a year or so, she finally let the cat out of the bag and fessed up! I couldn't believe it! We had a good laugh, and now she knows where it is when I point it out....or do you?

Abby says: To be honest, it is a WINTER constellation, so while we were dating, David was nicely bundled up and toasty in his hoodies and beanies and I was still trying to secure a husband so I was wearing a mini....(ok, not really) but it was cold outside when David was trying to show me Orion. And I'm thinking, "oh my gosh, how long is this going to take? " I just saw an iceberg run south because it was too cold. So I just lied and said "oh, there it is." and then after that he just expected me to remember exactly where it was. (K, the big dipper is a little tough for me still.)
So in response to your last question love....Did you marry a textbook, or a really hot babe that is always going to have to have things explained a few times?

Dave says: Well the later, but it's the most obvious constellation in the Winter sky, he's right THERE!

Abby says: David is the brightest star in her sky.

Anyway, we are al...Dave says: That's not a fair response, can't we at least fight fair?
Abby: This is the reason this is my blog.

Dave: Touch`e

We are also going to miss our trips up the mountain and wandering around our property looking for deer and listening to birds and sheep.
This was our bubble tea summer. I think just about every Friday night we drove to St. George to get our favorite treat. (We looked forward to it all week long.)
David was in Hawaii almost the entire summer last year, and this year it was so perfect to have him home.
Dave: She just liked it because she didn't have to mow the lawn!
Abby: what lawn, you killed it?
Dave: LIES AND DECEIT!
Abby: my blog, I win.
Dave: Cheaters never prosper. You ever heard of that one, huh?
Abby: That's getting deleted next time I log in.
Mckinley had so much fun swimming this year, and many days during the summer involved negotiations with her about wearing her "swimming pote." (her floaty suit...yeah, the old school ones. She thinks it's lovely.) She also got to go on the water slide with her daddy this year, and she thought that was so fun.
Dave: She totally wore me out, we probably went twenty or more times down the slide and you had to hike up like six flights of stairs. Okay maybe three or four, but it took a while.

Our camping trip was fun too, soo much better than the first time we went with Mckinley. We also had a fun time hanging out with our friends.

I went to critical care training and got to experience a little bit of Missouri, (and Kansas City BBQ, and the Royals.) And I also got my first taste of firefighting, standing on top of a 70 foot ladder over a burning building.
Dave: My car over heated three times coming back from Vegas. You want some excitement, try that one on for size! 120 degrees, no water or gas station in sight, in the middle of a desert. Then in the middle of a gorge ( which is actually quite an awesome canyon if you ever take a trip down 1-15 from St. G to Mesquite.) with no cellular services. I did make the best of it and read a lot of Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude, so that helped. Good times! Man is it just me or am I just writing negative stuff? I guess I need to read more books! I honestly did have a good time though, Seriously!
We will miss the family bar-b-cues and get togethers where the women in the family talk smack about the men behind their backs. Dave: WHAT!
We already miss little visits from friends and anyone just passing through. You are always welcome for a quick lunch or treat.(it might be a drink of water if we don't know you're coming.) We love all of you. Hope your summers were as perfect as ours.

6 comments:

Amber said...

WHAT?! I didn't make it on the list of things you loved about summer???? Or was I one of the random visits mentioned at the end?

Just kidding! I don't miss summers so much, but that's because I spend them in Vegas in the 115-120 degree heat. I am enjoying being back in Illinois where it's a little cooler and I can have my windows and doors open all day long, I just took the kids for a walk (7pm) and we had to bring blankets.... that's a change!

Do you want to take a visit to middle of freaking nowhere Illinois soon? I'd like some fun visitors!

Erica said...

I know one thing that could have made my summer prefect... seeing YOU more! (awww, wasn't that a cute BFF thing to say?)
I miss you guys!!! I love stalking your blog. You guys are so cute and fun! Let's play soon kay?

Nikki said...

That was hilarious you guys. Way to go on the blog format. Love it!

Unknown said...

I loved this post! You guys have such a fun blog. It was really fun to read the banter. Also, goodby summer, hello fall! I love fall.

Anonymous said...

I hate letting go of summer! Wish it could last forever! I want to live in Hawaii. Sigh. Yes I'm trying to get my inventory up for the big show! And yes I'll be making more dolls and lots more things. Are you going to do anything for it?

Melissa and Allen said...

hahahahahaha that was quite entertaining:) I love you guys and miss you so much. Please come up soon! You haven't even seen my child yet! Geez. And when you come, bring me a bubble tea because I'm craving one so bad right now! Idea: Dave and Abby move up here and open a bubble tea place!