Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Pool Party Playgroup!

After Scooby popped Mckinley's very cool giraffe pool last summer, we decided that this summer we should buy one of the old school hard plastic kiddie pools. We wanted the one with the built in slide but, alas, it wasn't meant to be because we couldn't find one. Mckinley wanted to invite some friends over for a playgroup and so we got her cousins together yesterday for a fun morning of playing finished up by Pizza and salad for lunch.
playgroup pictures 002

As always, safety first. This was me taking my turn in the lifeguard chair.

I got this cute Tiki bar before we even moved back to Cedar, but for some reason it didn't come with the hardware to put it together. So David found all the stuff that he needed and put it together for me. The kids were pretty excited about the red kool aid. My mom found that awesome umbrella for three dollars in St. George.


Come on Sadie, it's time to take your shoes off.
Korlen pulled himself into the water, face first and came out sputtering. I was so surprized that he didn't cry! He just wanted to jump in and play. I didn't do so good with taking pictures. I didn't even get a single picture of Sophie-loo or Lizzie. I'll do better next time. We had a fun time, and Mckinley took a very long nap afterwards. We also finished just in time for the clouds to start pouring rain. What a fun day!


2 comments:

Jackie said...

You guys really are the cutest little family! I'm glad you are enjoying your family!

Kala said...

David got your bar together. There is hope for the rest of us who put things off. :)